STM is an individualized plan to eliminate infection from your gums and toot surfaces. Hygienist performs treatments to help eliminate infection, make recommendations to help you more effectively clean your teeth daily, and guide you in achieving and maintaining good oral health. You will be working closely with your hygienist.
Root planning is the treatment of the diseased root surfaces below the gumline. A routine cleaning emphasizes cleaning the teeth above the gumline in a healthy mouth. Root planning focuses on eliminating tartar and plaque below the gum and detoxifying the root surfaces where the disease occurs. Obtaining smooth roots and flushing out the pockets with a medicated rinse allows for healthy attachment of the gums to the root surfaces.
What do we hope to accomplish with STM?
- Gums that do not bleed. Healthy gums do not bleed!
Gums that are not red, swollen or tender
Knowing how to effectively maintain good oral hygiene.
- Fresher breath and reduced pocket depths
- Control of periodontal disease
What do we need from you, the patient to make this a success?
- completion of the periodontal therapy prescribe by your dentist
- thoroughly cleaning all tooth surfaces two times a day with our Rota-dent and using medicines.
- Maintenance of regular recall visits